Whole30 Steak Stir Fry


Today marks my second attempt of Whole 30. I was doing great on my first round I started over a month ago, but I got very busy at work and I just couldn't mentally sustain it. Well I am back to try it again and this time I have a lot of hope! I already spent last night making my breakfast, lunch, and dinner for Monday-Wednesday. Then on Wednesday, I'll make my meals for the rest of the week. I like this approach because I really only spend 2 days/week cooking and can work or do outside hobbies the rest. 

For my lunches M-W, I made a steak stir fry. This was a very easy dish to make and I've been craving it since Matt made it last week (of course he didn't make it as healthy as this one!).

Steak Stir Fry
Serves: 3-4
Time Prep: 10-15 minutes
Time Cook: 20 minutes
*Cooking times vary depending on how soft or crunchy you want your vegetables to be. If you want them to be cruncher, cook them a little less.

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
3/4-1 pound of steak (I bought the pre sliced steak strips for stir fry)
1 head of broccoli (florets)
3 carrots, julienned 
1 onion, chopped
2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated or minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp Tamari
2 tsp Sriracha (or substitute)
3 green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
*You can also add in any other vegetable you want

Steps:
  1. Place oil in a sauté pan and heat on Medium-Low heat (you may want a larger pan for this, as it will be a lot of vegetables at first, but will shrink down upon cooking)
  2. Add onions and garlic to the oil and let them cook until onions look transparent
  3. Add steak strips and brown on all sides, but no need to cook fully through (if you do cook the steak fully through, take out the steak while the vegetables cook so you don't risk overcooking it)
  4. When steak is browned, but not fully cooked, add the vegetables
  5. Add the remainder of the ingredients and let simmer for about 10-20 minutes depending on how al dente you want your veggies
Tips:
  • You can always buy pre sliced vegetables at the store if you're running late or even a frozen bag  will do. This will save you a lot of time in prepping your veggies.





1 comment

  1. Thank you for the recipe. However, tamari is not Whole30 compliant. Coconut aminos are, though.

    ReplyDelete

© Jillian Does Food
Maira Gall