Healthy Chickpea, Carrot, and Sweet Potato Patties

Holy crap I didn't realize eating this healthy could taste this good. But I guess does. Check out my recipe for my chickpea, carrot, and sweet potato patties in lettuce wraps.

Ingredients:
Makes 6 patties (i.e. 6 lettuce wraps)
  • 1/2 can of chickpeas, drained
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots (I like to buy the pre shredded carrots at the store)
  • 1/2 cup of sweet potato, cooked (I microwaved my sweet potato and then took the inside out)
  • 2 tsp salt, pepper, and garlic powder (I like powder because it spreads the flavor across the whole patty)
  • Green cabbage, leaves taken off
  • Dole Asian lettuce blend
  • Sliced cucumbers
  • Tomatoes 
  • Sauce: Asian bottled dressing, or wasabi dressing works nicely. To make your own: I added 1 tbsp tahini (or sun butter I like) with 1 tsp olive oil, salt, pepper, water, lemon juice, and garlic powder.
To make:
  1. Smash (no blender) the chickpeas in a medium sized bowl. Add in carrots, potato, and seasoning.
  2. Meanwhile, heat up 2 tsp olive oil in a skillet.
  3. Take spoonfuls of your mixture to form patties and place on skillet.
  4.  Cook each side for about 5 minutes.
  5. Meanwhile, fill your lettuce wraps with veggies.
  6. When patties are done, place in your lettuce wraps.
  7. Top with sauce or salad dressing.
  8. Enjoy!

Linked up at:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jillian Does Food
Maira Gall