Healthy Quinoa & Tofu Lettuce Wraps

You won't believe this. But, it's true. Very true, and somewhat embarrassing. On my bike ride home last night, I was thinking about what I was going to make for dinner. On Sunday, I had gone food shopping for specific dinner ingredients, but for some reason, I just had a craving for Asian lettuce wraps. And I was craving them while I was biking home. Weird, huh?

Anyway, no recipe in hand, we went to the supermarket to get some fresh ingredients (I don't know anyone else who has as much fun as I do going food shopping, really).

So here are my really tasty quinoa and tofu lettuce wraps with a coconut milk, sriracha, and lime sauce to top or dip.
Ingredients:
  • Butter lettuce leaves
  • Pre-mixed lettuce, like the new Dole Asian blend, or cabbage carrots (for coleslaw)
  • 1/4 block of extra firm tofu, cut into squares
  • 1 cup of cooked rainbow quinoa
  • 1/2 cup of broccoli
  • 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup diced onions
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
  • 1 lime
  • handful of sesame seeds for garnish
       Teryaki sauce:
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce, gluten free
  • 1-2 tsp coconut sugar, depending on how sweet you like
  • 2 tsp fish sauce
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • dashes of salt, pepper, garlic powder, ginger powder
       Coconut milk Sriracha sauce:
  • 1 tbsp coconut milk
  • 1-2 tsp sriracha sauce, depending on how hot you like
  • juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1 small drop of stevia liquid sweetener (or 1 tsp of coconut sugar again)
Steps:

Well, I first like to start off every cooking journey by spending my time preparing all of my ingredients. That means, making my sauces, slicing, and dicing, and washing my vegetables. That way, when it's time to cook, everything is readily available. Everything is quick and easy after that!

  1. Place your skillet on stove at medium heat. When pan is hot, add oil, garlic, ginger, and chopped onions. Cook for about 5 or so minutes until you can smell the aroma of your mix.
  2. Add your lettuce/cabbage mix, broccoli, tofu, and quinoa to your skillet and your teryaki sauce you made ahead of time. Stir and bring down the heat to low-medium.
  3. While your mix is heating up, prepare your butter lettuce wraps and place them on a plate, ready to be filled.
  4. After cooking your skillet mix for about 5-10 minutes, take off of heat. Then spoon your mix into your lettuce wraps.
  5. Add your green onions, sesame seeds, and as much lime as you desire.
  6. You can drizzle your sriracha cream sauce on top, or dip it, whatever you prefer.
  7. Enjoy!



Linked up at:

1 comment

  1. Hi Jillian,
    I just love lettuce wraps and your Quinoa Tofu Lettuce wraps look fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

© Jillian Does Food
Maira Gall