Lemon Salmon Detox Salad

I have a confession to make. I'm a really lazy cook. I am impatient when it comes to preparation and cooking times. I am even lazy when it comes to picking fruits for my recipes- if I have to spend a lot of time peeling fruits and vegetables, I am somewhat turned off (not always, but most nights especially after work). But I came across a cup of POM pomegranate seeds today and I thought I'd try it and it really added such a nice fruity flavor to my salad.

Pomegranate seeds are really good for you. They contain vitamin C, which boosts your immunity, while lowering your body's cholesterol. They are high in fiber and keeps your body satisfied for longer, which helps prevent overeating and helps with weight loss. 

Salmon is considered a superfood, and is the most heart healthy of dishes. Salmon contains Omega 3 fatty acids which the body requires for healthy joints and skin. It reduces the risk of heart disease, improving heart muscle function. The protein found in salmon helps maintain metabolism and promotes weight loss.

Apple cider vinegar has many health benefits. Check out my first post 11 Benefit of Apple Cider Vinegar as well as 2 delicious salads I made. It's so easy to substitute a balsamic vinegar salad once a week with an apple cider vinegar salad.

Lastly, I have grown to LOVE red cabbage. Red cabbage is low in fat, boosts your body's immunity, good for your eyes and skin, and is rich in Vitamin E, which has anti-aging affects (and who doesn't want that?). This vegetable also contains anti cancer chemicals, and prevents osteoporosis. Lastly, red cabbage cleanses your body with the mineral, sulfur, which works as a cleansing agent for your digestive system.

Now for this really healthy salmon detox salad recipe. Check it out below.


Ingredients:
  • 1 salmon filet
  • Handful of romaine lettuce, chopped
  • Handful of red cabbage, chopped
  • 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
  • 1 lemon, juice
  • truffle salt, pepper, garlic powder
  • Handful of pomegranate seeds
  • 2 tbsp non-fat greek yogurt
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 small shallot, minced
  • spices for salad: basil, garlic powder, salt, pepper
Steps:
  1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place your salmon filet on a baking pan and squeeze half of lemon juice on top. Then, sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder and some of the copped onions.
  3. Place in oven for about 20 minutes or until tender.
  4. Meanwhile, place your lettuce, onions, and cabbage in bowl. 
  5. In a small bowl or cup, mix 1/2 lemon juice, yogurt, oil, vinegar, shallot, and spices. 
  6. When salmon is cooked, top your salad with your filet and drizzle your dressing on top. Lastly, top with pomegranate seeds and enjoy!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jillian Does Food
Maira Gall